For the past weeks, I have seen endless recipes of banana bread on all social media. Apparently with this pandemic people ended up having tons of ripe bananas and nothing to do with them.
I have to admit I took a part of the insane baking of banana bread, well I was basically on a quest to develop the recipe I have and after a couple of trials I ended up with moist mouth-watering banana bread.
Apart from the ripe bananas, I do believe that baking is therapy and that was the main reason I went to bake in the first place. The basic recipe is taken from one of my most favorite baking books ”Mastering the Art and craft baking & Pastry” from The CIA.
In fact, for the past 2 years, I have always been buying bananas and keeping them till they ripen, then peel them and place freeze them. These came to rescue during all the nights that I craved frozen desserts at night.
Basically, I would blend them with some hazelnut milk or chocolate to get a very thick smoothie, almost similar to frozen yogurt consistency. So in case, you thought that banana bread is the only thing you can do with all the ripe fruits, then think twice.
And before we get to the baking part, please be safe fellow bakers. Please be responsible and stay home if it is not necessary for you to leave. Please be responsible when you do groceries.
Let’s get baking…
Preheat the oven to 170 C. Line your bread pan with baking paper. If you are out of that just brush it with some layer of fat and then dust with flour.
Peel the banana and using a food processor blend with the lemon juice.
In a bowl mix the sifted flour, salt, and baking powder. In another bowl whisk the eggs and the sugar for 5 minutes till it is incorporated. Add in the oil and mix again then follow with the banana puree.
Fold in all the dry ingredients and then add the nuts leaving 10 or 12 pieces to place on top.
Pour the batter in the lined baking pan, place the spared 12 pieces of hazelnuts on top.
Bake for 55 minutes or till a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
For the ganache, chop 75 grams of chocolate, heat the cream in a saucepan then pour on top of the chocolate and mix till fully incorporated. Leave on the side to cool down and thickens. Pour on top of the bread.
The ganache could be done beforehand and placed in the chiller when needed to be used it could be microwaved for 10 seconds and mixed to get the desired consistency.
The Perfect Banana Bread
- 320 grams Flour Sifted
- 7.5 grams Baking Powder
- 2 grams Salt
- 480 grams Banana "before peeling" 4 meduim sized
- 4 grams Lemon Juice
- 300 grams Sugar
- 110 grams Eggs 2 eggs
- 105 grams Oil corn or sunflower
- 50 grams Hazlenuts Roasted
For the Ganache
- 75 grams Dark Chocolate chopped
- 75 grams Cream
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C. Line your bread pan with baking paper.
- Roast the Hazelnuts.
- Mix the salt, flour and baking powder and sift.
For the cake
- Peel the banana and using a food processor blend with the lemon juice.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and the sugar for 5 minutes till it is incorporated. Add in the oil and mix again then follow with the banana puree.
- Fold in all the dry ingredients and then add the nuts leaving 10 or 12 pieces to place on top.
- Place the batter in the lined baking pan, place the spared 12 pieces of hazelnuts on top.
- Bake for 55 minutes or till a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
For the Ganache
- In a sauce pan, heat the cream
- Place the hopped chocolate in a bowl and pour the hot cream on top.
- Using a spatual mix till all the chocolate is melted.
- Leave on the side to cool down and thickens a bit more. Drizzle the cake with the ganache once it cools.
June 20, 2020 by ปั้มไลค์
Like!! Really appreciate you sharing this blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.
June 21, 2020 by Ayah
I am glad you like it, thank you so much for stopping by 🙂